jueves, 30 de julio de 2015

My Grandfather was an orphan of the Armenian genocide at the age of around four, so he never knew his real Birthday

My Grandfather was an orphan of the Armenian genocide at the age of around four, so he never knew his real Birthday. He was adopted and raised to be a stellar human being. He was a War Veteran, one of many remarkably brave men, to whom we owe May 9th Victory, who gave us a priceless gift – peace and liberation from Nazi Germany. An incredibly giving Father, Grandfather, friend, neighbor, gardener, boss. He has taught me how to create, grow beautiful things, start a fire, survive in extreme conditions, paint a house, fix electrical outlets, be a thoughtful human being, have passion for life, laugh, have honor and be an eternal optimist. I have never once heard him complain. Not even when Armenia found itself with no gas, electricity or proper supply of food in the beginning of ‘90s. He didn’t sleep to stand in line for bread for 3 hours in the middle of the night…every day for 2 years. When what used to be a Cosmopolitan City turned into Stone Age. When the town trees were chopped to roots, so people can give their children a hot meal. He managed to find a way out of every situation and take care of everyone he knew. I loved being your helper, your shadow, your partner in crime, your continuance and I always felt safe with you…no matter what. Your lessons are a building material from which I exist and breathe. Thank you for your unconditional love and your endless courage. You are my example, my perfect man. Happy Birthday Ashot Gurgenovich! You enjoyed celebrating it on the Victory Day. I love you and feel your presence always! 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario